Chartwells is one of the UK’s leading soft services and contract catering providers to an array of Independent and State schools as well as a number of Higher Education establishments across the UK!
Our client, Army Foundation College, is the UK’s leading Army foundation training college and we are currently seeking a Computer Engineer to join the team! Working in a small, inviting team of 5, the Computer Engineer plays a pivotal role in the team to ensure that the College’s systems (both hardware and software), including the network infrastructure, desktop and server to ensure that all are running properly.
As a Computer Engineer you will be working closely with the IT Manager to ensure that all networks and systems are running in line with the framework and SLA requirements. On a day to day basis you will provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to end users. Other requirements include working on various projects such as system infrastructure upgrades, providing solutions to technical problems, assisting with configurations in addition to troubleshooting network and computer problems.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a 1st/2nd line Support role
- A working knowledge of the Powershell, CISCO, VMWare, Windows Server 2016 and above, Windows 7/10, MS Office Professional, Microsoft O365
- Ideally ITIL qualified
- A good understanding or experience in the Army or education sector would be ideal but not essential
- Proven project experience
- An understanding of a variety of networks and systems
- Holds a full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle due to the relatively remote location of the role
Please note, as this is a defence site, successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhance DBS check.
- Up to £30,000per annum, depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.