Marketing Director - Chartwells
6 Months – Maternity Cover
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
Here at Chartwells we are currently on the lookout for a Marketing Director to Partner with the Sector MD to develop and deliver a Client facing brand strategy, delivering sales and retention growth targets, leading the Sector marketing team to develop, deliver and measure customer marketing strategy and plans which deliver sales and profit targets. As the Marketing Director you will also work closely with the Food Development team to deliver a market leading food and beverage offer which drives sales and is operationally efficient.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Marketing Director to make a name for themselves within the food service industry
- Develop and deliver Sector marketing strategy in-line with Compass Group UK and Sector priorities
- Partner with Sales and retention to deliver insight led, client focussed and differentiated client propositions including presentation to client.
- Develop and deliver Sector specific ongoing client engagement calendar of activities.
- Be the Sector expert on competition activity and communicate market insights internally
- Utilize Marketing operations organisation to deliver Web and Social media client engagement comms calendar.
- Drive consumer sales by utilizing Marketing operations organisation to deliver Sector seasonal and dayparted marketing plans which focus on the biggest opportunities in key categories
- Use consumer insight and market data to inform overall Compass and Sector Specific food offer, keeping our offer fresh, on trend and profitable.
- Lead Sector Operator engagement and quality of execution of all marketing initiatives.
- Drive revenue and margin by leading the creation of a data driven performance and measurement culture in the Sector.
- Share best practice across sector and nurture a culture of cross sector collaboration.
- Grow internal Marketing talent through strong coaching and marketing capability building.
- 8 years plus proven track record of driving growth through Marketing for consumer and / or B2B brands
- Experience in leading the creation and execution of multi-channel communication programmes, digital and CRM
- 3 plus years experience of operating at a Senior Exec level, proven stakeholder management
- Collaborative approach with an ability to drive and inspire wider organisational engagement to get programmes implemented
- Strong people management skills able to create high performing teams
- Data Driven, commercially literate
- Evidence of leading and participating in cross functional collaboration
Pragmatic and comfortable with ambiguity
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience