We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s number one catering and support services provider.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, This role will form part of the busy communications team that delivers a communications programme across a range of internal and external channels for Chartwells.
Compass is a decentralised business with a small corporate centre. As a result, the new Chartwells communications team will function largely independently in their day-to-day proactive coverage of Chartwells’ work. The new team will be made up of the Head of Communications and a Communications Assistant and will focus on positioning Chartwells as a community- and people-focused business, from profiling local employees and engaging regional media to national campaigns to end food poverty.
Key Accountabilities/ Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Communications Manager for external & internal communications for Chartwells
- Develop relevant content for Chartwells
- Review and continually improve the effectiveness of communications channels
- Ensure that communications are planned, messaged and delivered in an engaging way that promotes Chartwells culture and values
- Be aware of, review and implement the latest communication methods and strategies where appropriate
- Deliver against objectives, deadlines and within agreed budgets
- Establish creative ways of communicating with key audiences such as clients and local media
- Working with the UK central comms team – support proactive national media activity
- Create engaging content - for newsletters, webcontent, digital media content, award entries, press releases
- Build strong working relationships with external stakeholders
- identifying new routes to better engage with clients; develop a local media tool kit, to drive community and parent engagement
- Working closely with the central UK comms team - manage high profile reputational impact issues, recommending an approach to mitigate the impact on Chartwells reputation
- Establish creative ways of communicating with employees.
- Review and continually improve the effectiveness of communications channels through the use of surveys, focus groups, analytics etc
- Build strong working relationship with Chartwells internal stakeholders, central HR and comms teams
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive internal communication plans to support key initiatives – including rebrand;
- Work closely with the HR team to support with the effective delivery of reward and recognition programme
- Have good experience working in a busy communications team either agency side or in a large, public sector or private organisation.
- Be comfortable working across different digital channels and be interested in the trends that shape content and collaboration on these channels.
- Be comfortable working under pressure, handling multiple tasks and prioritising as needed.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills with high standards of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Be a self-starter, highly organised and comfortable working both autonomously and within teams.
- Be a person who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders
- £XX per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
ESS Support Services Worldwide, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.