General Manager – Horsham
Up to £55,000 depending on experience
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud to encourage.
You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff.
You will be leading a team who share the same passion for preparing exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really love.
We have a fantastic opportunity for highly skilled General Manager to lead our team at a prestigious independent school based in the heart of West Sussex. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative food delivered with real passion and exceptional service.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- You will have passion, energy, focus and determination. Someone that naturally enjoys exceeding expectations and takes pride in everything that you do.
- You will enjoy interacting with children and understand their age specific food requirements
- Lead and support company/school initiative that can help further enhance our food offer and service working alongside the Head of Operations
- Working closely with the senior management team at the school, you will develop a clear communication process. That builds a solid relationship and partnership between the school and Chartwells Independent.
- Manage a team of 100 plus, catering for 1600 pupils and up to 500 staff members
- Manage and support the team to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements – HSE
- Effective and robust control of budgets and costs
- Pro-actively drive innovation in order to push the service forward
- Coach, mentor and Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills, building resilience and supporting succession planning
- Passionate about food and catering service delivery
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader and very much a people person, with bags of enthusiasm and drive
- Management experience within a similar challenging environment and knowledge of working within schools
- Experience of management of catering service is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Computer literacy
- Strong and proven Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to offer excellent customer service
- A 'Can do' attitud
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.