The nutritionist will be responsible for supporting Chartwells as part of the Isle of Wight contract with regards to nutrition, education, medical diets and sustainability.
This will include the delivery of nutrition education for pupils, students, clients and employees across all sites. The nutritionist will engage with key stakeholders and will translate complex nutrition information into simple messages relating to food and health. The nutritionist will support the food offer with knowledge of legislation around food and nutrition including the Food Information Regulations.
The nutritionist may support sales and retention presentations to enable Chartwells to hit annual growth and retention targets. The nutritionist will write articles and case studies to help showcase successful initiatives that the Nutrition Team have executed. As part of the graduate scheme, the nutritionist will be responsible for completing training and development courses which will enhance their CPD and support their registration with the Association for Nutrition.
- Attending sites (schools) on a weekly basis
- Delivering nutrition, health and food education sessions to a wide variety of audiences and age groups, undertaking weekly pupil and parent engagement
- Supporting holiday provision activities during the school holidays
- Write and check medical diet menus and cascade to sites
- Deliver training to catering teams on nutrition and allergens
- Communicating nutrition information through posters, blogs and website posts
- Translating complex nutrition information into simple facts and figures
- Work alongside operators and marketing teams to increase engagement to drive uptake of school meals
- Provide expert knowledge of legislation around food and nutrition
- Ensure compliance to school food standards, allergens legislation and company nutrition and medical diets policies in all sites
- Review menus and provide feedback on the nutritional content of the offer
- Support sales presentations, where appropriate
- Build relationships with existing contracts/clients to help share best practice
- Supporting the writing of content for new business and retention documents
- Support with the mobilisation of the new Isle of Wight contract
- Working in partnership with other members of the nutrition team to share knowledge and best practice
- Working closely with catering managers and area managers to promote a joined-up approach across the Isle of Wight contract of schools
Key Contacts and Working Relationships
- Chartwells Nutrition Team
- Unit managers and catering teams
- Area and regional managers
- Graduate of an Association for Nutrition accredited nutrition degree from university
- Work experience in the foodservice and nutrition industry would be welcomed
- Confident in communicating to large groups of people and controlling challenging meetings/conversations
- Confident in delivering nutrition and food education to different audiences
- Must be willing to travel and stay away from home
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates Compass values and recognition principles
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups
- Professional, organised, presentable, efficient and self-motivated
- A passion for keeping up to date with research and national health events
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage a busy diary independently
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Chartwells business as a Graduate Nutritionist, supporting our Isle of Wight contract.
- A competitive salary of £23k
- Continuous learning both on the job and course based
- Dedicated inspirational mentor
- Ongoing program support from our central team
Compass is the UK and Ireland’s No.1 food and support services provider and part of the worldwide Compass Group which has over half a million employees globally. Our people are both front of house and behind the scenes at around 15,000 locations, from oil rigs to race courses, from boardrooms to classrooms, from hospitals to barracks.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.