The nutritionist will be responsible, in collaboration with Chartwells, for supporting the education of pupils, teachers and sports coaches in relation to all aspects of nutrition. More specifically, the nutritionist will be innovative and forward thinking in optimising the learning and development of all stakeholders to inform decision making and positive behaviours around nutrition across the school community. The nutritionist will engage with key stakeholders and will translate complex nutrition information into simple messages relating to food and health.
The nutritionist will support the food offer with knowledge of food standards as advised by Chartwells Independent Nutrition Team, as well as overseeing adherence to the Food Information Regulations. The nutritionist will write articles and case studies to help showcase successful initiatives that they have delivered at the school. The Nutritionist will also be responsible for presenting at internal meetings with senior colleagues.
- Attending the school on a daily basis
- Delivering nutrition education sessions to a wide variety of audiences
- Communicating nutrition information through posters, blogs and website posts
- In collaboration with central nutrition, design and deliver new educational approaches that enhance the nutrition support to a range of stakeholders across the school community.
- Explore and evidence behaviour change techniques around nutrition, based on sound scientific principles.
- Create and maintain case studies that evidence the benefits of the nutrition programme and resources within the school.
- Use food and nutritional strategies as a tool to enhance pupil development across the school community in collaboration with Chartwells – academia, co-curricular, pastoral.
- Build connections with pupils and staff to support the multi-disciplinary nature of nutrition development across multiple domains within the school.
- Support identified pupils with more bespoke nutritional guidance based upon the demands of their school experience – academic, co-curricular.
- Maintain sound knowledge of nutritional requirements for all age groups
- Translating complex nutrition information into simple facts and figures
- Roll out ‘FUELand Nudge Nudge’ initiatives across all sites where relevant
- Deliver training to catering teams on nutrition and allergens
- Review menus and provide feedback on the nutritional content of the offer
- Working in partnership with other members of the Chartwells UK nutrition team to share knowledge and best practice
- Working closely with chef managers to promote a joined-up approach
- Support other Chartwells sites with Nutritional initiatives. To be agreed between the school and Chartwells on a case by case basis.
- Graduate of an Association for Nutrition accredited nutrition degree from university
- Work experience in the foodservice and nutrition industry would be welcomed
- Confident in communicating to large groups of people and controlling challenging meetings/conversations
- Confident in delivering nutrition and food education to different audiences
- Able to engage and motivate young people in nutrition practices and foster an enjoyment and understanding of fuelling strategies.
- Must be willing to travel and stay away from home
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates Compass values and recognition principles
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups
- Professional, organised, presentable, efficient and self-motivated
- A passion for keeping up to date with research and national health events
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage a busy diary independently
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Chartwells business as a Graduate Nutritionist, supporting with nutrition at an Independent School in Dorset.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary of £23k
- An opportunity to become part of our 2 year graduate programme
- Continuous learning both on the job and course based
- Dedicated inspirational mentor
- Ongoing program support from our central team
Compass is the UK and Ireland’s No.1 food and support services provider and part of the worldwide Compass Group which has over half a million employees globally. Our people are both front of house and behind the scenes at around 15,000 locations, from oil rigs to race courses, from boardrooms to classrooms, from hospitals to barracks.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.