Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Chartwells is seeking an experienced Group Catering Manager to join their team on the Isle of Wight
The Group Catering Manager will be overseeing a group of units across the Isle of Wight, working closely with the Catering Managers on site to ensure health and safety is up to date, stock control, labour costs are where they need to be, carrying out effective reporting and ensuring the client needs are being met and exceeded.
This is a busy, fast paced role that the right next step for anyone looking to intensify their contract catering skillset.
The successful Group Catering Manager will have the following experience:
- Culinary experience in a busy catering environment
- Ability to recognise and resolve difficult areas of the business
- Strong management skills, having managed a team of minimum 10 staff
- Excellent key stakeholder management skills
- Organised and positive working approach to work
- Positive attitude towards work and able to lead by example
Group Manager - Isle of Wight
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.