Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Hospitality Team Leader to join our team to oversee the smooth operation of hospitality at the prestigious Oxford University, which includes ordering, stock control, event management and team management.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensuring customers and clients are served in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- Communicate with all relevant departments to ensure a smooth operation and service
- Manage the day to day workflow within the team
- Lead by example in all aspects of my work
- Build good relations with Clients
- Support management team on any Client related projects
- Maintain a high standard of knowledge relating to your area of work and assist customers and clients where required
- Create an environment with a ‘sense of urgency’
- Attend all statutory and departmental training
- Comply with all Company hygiene and health & safety procedures
- Background in Contract Catering or Events Management
- Standards driven with a hands on management style
- Communication and good conduct are key to working effectively
- Have a passion for food and quality service
- Self motivated and able to work in a busy environment
- Computer literate
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Up to £28,000 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.