Our Education portfolio has a wonderful opportunity for a Unit Manager to join the team in Central London.
The ideal Unit Manager must have excellent craft skills, be creative, passionate and love offering good food and excellent customer service with the assistance of a motivated team.
The Unit Manager is responsible for the daily delivery of the catering offering for a large Primary school which caters for over 500 + lunches per day.
Working with a team of 7 members of staff to ensure that the offering is appealing and delicious as well as meeting both the Client and Chartwells Independent requirements.
Other duties include stock management, financial reporting, health, safety and allergen training and adherence.
- Strong cooking skills
- The ability to guide, mentor and train a team to maximise their potential
- Computer literate
- Good team player & able to get on with others
- Ability to communicate clearly face to face with clients & colleagues and build strong relationships
- Passionate, committed, and honest individual who is a motivated self-starter with excellent people skills and always works to very high standards
- Attention to detail is essential
- Sound health and safety knowledge
- £25,000 per annum (based on 44 weeks)
- Term time only
- Based in NW8
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.