Regional Food & Education Presentation Chef
Midlands & North
Up to 30k + Car / Laptop
Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
Compass Group UK & Ireland is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate chef to join their education sector, Chartwells.
At Chartwells, our mission is to work with every school, college and university we cater for, to make a valuable contribution to young people’s wellbeing, learning, development and attainment. The Beyond the Chartwells Kitchen (BTCK) Chef will support with the delivery of Chartwells bespoke “Beyond the Chartwells Kitchen” programme. BTCK is our nutrition and food education programme, a series of innovative and experiential workshops designed for all ages (4-18). All workshops are designed to enrich pupils learning, bringing food and cooking to life.
- Attending sites on a weekly basis
- Deliver BTCK activities across all Chartwells sub-sectors
- Build and maintain positive client relationships
- Development of activities and resources in line with the cooking and nutrition curriculum
- Inspire colleagues from the business to deliver added value initiatives
- Manage BTCK programme Ambassadors across the country
- Work alongside operators and marketing teams to increase engagement
- Provide expert knowledge of legislation around food and nutrition
- Working in partnership with other members of the nutrition team to share knowledge
- Working closely with catering managers and area managers
- Experience in a professional kitchen
- Chef trained
- An entertaining personality
- Great presentation skills
- Ability to interact with people of a wide variety of ages and personalities
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups
- Professional, organised, presentable, efficient and self-motivated
- Willing to travel around the country and be away from home at times
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage a busy diary independently
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.