Operational Excellence Practitioner
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education across all its locations by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils, students and staff.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operational Excellence Practitioner within Chartwells. As the Operational Excellence Practitioner you will manage the continuous improvement pipeline and activity focussing on driving change and continuous improvement for our schools, colleges, and Universities.
You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of key OPEX activity and support sector and project leads to deliver change in a planned, organised, and effective way throughout a complex business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Operational Excellence Practitioner to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that students look forward to and really enjoy.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary
The Operational Excellence Practitioner will own and manage the Chartwells Continuous Improvement Portfolio ensuring that all key activity is known, prioritised and impact assessed. You will ensure that all key stakeholders, including the Executive Team and business sectors know what change is coming their way and that they have all the tools to execute it excellently.
The Operational Excellence Practitioner will ensure the pipeline is varied, balancing both high priority process refinements and quick wins for the business sector, starting with spotting opportunities to remove waste and then executing your plans across our sectors. Working alongside Business Excellence colleagues, you will support project leads to deliver other change projects in the business, taking a Business Excellence approach in ensuring projects land right first time.
As The Operational Excellence Practitioner you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Own and manage the C.I. portfolio, giving visibility to all business activity, demand, priority, and timelines
- Source and scope key opportunities for waste removal and output improvements within the sectors
- Process Mapping, statistical analysis and documenting key activity with Support Functions & Operations
- Facilitate key working groups and trail activity with business sectors
- Reporting and presenting for stakeholders at all levels
- Experience deploying Lean, 8-D, or Six Sigma (ideally to a minimum of Green belt level) methodologies in a customer service and process oriented environment
- Experience of managing business projects in highly commercial service focussed markets
- Experience of being a change agent working leading virtual project teams, inspiring operational teams to deliver results – often without direct line management control
- High awareness of improvement methodologies and principles (Eg. DMAIC, PDCA) and problem solving tools and techniques (Eg. 8D, Cause & Effect, 5 Why Analysis)
- A strong team player with an ability to build relationships quickly
- Experience of P & L’s, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of client management and able to communicate at all levels from front line colleagues to senior management
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Qualified ‘Black Belt’
- Familiarity with programme / project management methodologies (Eg. Prince 2 / MSP)
- Experience in statistical tools analysis
- Previously implemented OPEX within a commercial business
- Has service /operational experience
- Line management experience with Project Managers
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.